BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Who I Am!

Things I'm thankful for!

1. Words
2. Letters
3. Sentences
4. Pages
5. Books


Born back in Fall of 91’
I was my Momma’s first son.
My siblings knew that I’d be fun.
The lone boy from her, I was the one.

Entered the world in Californ-I-A
September 24th, yeah, that’s my day.
I wasn’t even out halfway.
Due to complications enter hospital melee.

He’s too big! C-section, hip to hip!
For my Mom it was a hardship
But it was the start of a beautiful friendship
With this we’ll be done! Snip snip.

Moving around was the name of the game
There was no shame.
California, Vegas, California, neither too tame.
When would my surroundings ever be the same?

Utah, the resting place of the family.
Would we live happily?
We realized the perfection quickly.
We knew we would live and love here soundly.

I am a zebra.
You think to yourself and say huh?
It starts with I like to eat yuca
AND I like to eat pasta.

Mi mami is de Ecuador
Donde el sol hace calor
My Pops is from the states
Where seeing the sun elates.

I am brown, I am white.
You can’t see the white, even in good light.
Crass words, fist, punch, FIGHT!
People were never polite.

Beaner, Wet-back, idiotic insults.
Following me in stores with no results.
Unfortunately it was mainly adults.
Really, were they starting racial cults?


Discrimination from an early age
It wasn’t till I was considered “teenage”
That I started to engage
It was as if I had burst out of a cage.

This segregation molded me.
It made what I am known to be.
It taught me to think less me and more we.
It taught me to say screw it when life got crappy.

With my trembling hands perspiring
My heart is powering the bleeding
The bleeding that keeps me living
I am young and aspiring.

I have the ability to create change.
Please don’t think it’s strange,
Don’t make it result in useless rage.
I have the ability to create change.

I love you all, goodbye.
Mi amor a todos, adios. (correct me?)
אני אוהב אותך כל, סלאמאת.

0 Animadvert(s):