BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sorry Aquinas, you're wrong!

Things which I am grateful for:

1. Tio Oscar's facebook message!
2. Mom's Email
3. Dad's Reminder Texts
4. Ashely's voice-mail concerning the love of shoes.
5. Chase and banking errors.

Today was a grand day! Lots of funny things happen...I need more sleep, darn those bloodshot tired eyes! HAHA!


In my Theology class Aquinas make 5 proofs proving God's existence. While I agree with God's existence wholeheartedly I do not agree with how Aquinas gets there.

(These are the most basic explanations of the proofs.)

***********I credit this website for the proofs http://www.jcu.edu/philosophy/gensler/RE/R-B2--00.HTM*******************

The main proof I have an issue with is the fourth proof which states:

4 - GREATEST BEING: Some things are greater than others. Whatever is great to any degree gets its greatness from that which is the greatest. So there is a greatest being, which is the source of all greatness. This is God.


****Now back to my own words****

According to this proof, God is the source of all greatness. God is all good. Meaning, God is perfection and the source of all good and love. God is only able to love. God has no choice but to love. I COMPLETELY DISAGREE. The fact that God can choose to not love yet he loves perfectly is what makes him God. There are many instances in the bible that shows that God has choice. So for Aquinas to say this is completely illogical and wrong. For a man that is trying to show the answer through logic he completely fails. Sorry Aquinas, you're wrong! God is God because of his choice to be perfect. That's what makes him perfect.

I love you all, goodbye.
Mi amor a todos, adios. (correct me?)
אני אוהב אותך כל, סלאמאת.

0 Animadvert(s):