BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I Think I'd be Happy If It Was A Saturday!

5 things I'm thankful for
1. Bryce singing Saturday:)
2. When random people piano while I'm in the piano room. It's beautiful
3. Taking some awesome pictures of the parking garage tree.
4. Singing along to Saturday
5. Learning about the Gathering To Ohio

Quote of the Day:
But my disciples shall stand in holy places, and shall not be moved; but among the wicked, men shall lift up their voices and curse God and die.
-D&C 45:32
This scripture provides me with comfort when I see the evil in the world.

GATHERING TO OHIO

Many members in the church were thinking of going to Ohio. In December of 1830 the Lord commanded his people to move to Ohio. As I read this part it affirmed that the Lord gives personal revelation yet does not reveal revelation for the entire church—unless the revelation is to the Prophet. I may be wrong, but from reading this it seemed that some of the people knew that were going to Ohio. I personally feel that they had the revelation for themselves. They felt that they [personally] would be moving to Ohio rather then the whole church. It was until after December 1830 that they realized it was the church as a whole.
As I read this chapter it made me sad to see that Satan will try to needle his way in wherever he can. It’s absolutely ridiculous. When revelation was given that the Saints needed to move to Ohio people immediately began to murmur. The book says, “Not everyone at the conference was in harmony with this revelation.” The Lord does NOT give pointless revelation. The Lord has a purpose for each and every single thing he does. His words are not just mere words. They are words with meaning. We cannot be picky and choosy with what we obey. We can’t want to obey certain aspects of the gospel and not other aspects and expect to get a lot out of it. I’ve learned through personal experience that the more I invest in the gospel the result is the more I receive from the gospel We must do our part. The Lord always makes good on his promises. If we obey, we WILL be blessed. There are no ifs, ands, or buts. If there is revelation given, all we need to do is obey! A few weeks ago in class I learned that it was said (I don’t remember who gave the talk but I remember the general idea) that if we listen in conference and do everything we have been told to do we would be set. All we have to do is obey! It’s sounds so simple because in reality it is so simple. It’s just as easy to obey, as it is to disobey. It’s all a matter of perspective. At first obeying is hard. But once you start it becomes natural and becomes easier and easier. Is this to say that we aren’t tempted? No. But it is saying that we will be closer to our Savior and have a better relationship and therefore we will be able to make the correct choices. I know that this is true. I have experienced this. I know that when I put faith in Christ and I do my part I am blessed. It’s simple—obey!

I love you all, goodbye.
Mi amor a todos, adios.
אני אוהב אותך כל, סלאמאת.”/>

0 Animadvert(s):