BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 9, 2009

Gym

Five things I'm thankful for:
1. The ability to watch movies on my computer.
2. The ability to watch tv shows on my computer.
3. Watching tv shows on my computer with friends.
4. My black hockey jacket from junior year.
5. My twloha deon.

In my sociology class we are required to do something called action steps. An action step is when you do something confrontational to stop prejudice, discrimination, or racism. Tomorrow, Spencer (a fellow peer) and I will be having a social experiment, which will hopefully result in an action step. We will both be getting moderately dressed up--khaki's with a shirt and tie--and going to look for jobs on Michigan Avenue. ***Yes, this is a fantastic way to kill two birds with one stone, hopefully I can find a job and start getting income:)**** We will go to the same places at different times looking for jobs and/or applications. If there are any discrepancies, with the results as to what directions for our applying or anything of that sort, we will go to said place and speak to the manager or HR or whoever we need to speak to in order to point out what happened and ask why it happened. By law a company is not allowed to deny you an application due to skin color or anything of that sort yet it still happens. We will see the results. After we go to Michigan Avenue we are planning on going to Pilsen; Chicago's Hispanic community. We wonder if there will be any differences depending on where we go. It will be quite an eventful day tomorrow. I am more than excited. Tomorrow night I will write in with the results and fill you in on what happens!

I love you all, goodbye.
Mi amor a todos, adios.
אני אוהב אותך כל, סלאמאת.

0 Animadvert(s):