BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Exhausted and ready for bed

5 things I'm thankful for:
1. Playing basketball after institute.
2. Being on a team with my institute teacher.
3. Being on a team with my institute teacher that went 2 for 3 on the night.
4. Exercise post institute style.
5. Being told I have a nice floater shot.

Quote of the day:
Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the day, saying, “I will try again tomorrow”.
- Anonymous

Today I wrote something for institute. Here it is.

GATHERING TO THE LAND OF ZION

Something that stood out to me in this reading was that it seemed like whenever the Saints were going through the roughest of rough times, they were happy and content. It seems to me that it is as if with all the suffering they were going through they were always able to see the Lord’s hand in their lives and his blessing showering down on them. What they did must have taken so much faith. I cannot even begin to imagine how difficult is must have been. They Saints were preparing for Zion and Zion’s potential so I see why they were happy and optimistic, but at the same time, it’s bound to be difficult when things are “inconvenient.” I did not know that Levi Hancock was related to John Hancock! That was something extremely new and exciting to read. I also did not know about the explosion of missionary work while the Saints were in Missouri. I thought that they focused all their attention on building Zion and preparing it but it never dawned on me how illogical it would be to focus solely on building Zion rather then branching out. We are a faith that branches out and tries to teach and give others the blessed enlightenment we have. Why would they stop? It makes complete sense.
The Lord has a reason for everything He does. He is the beginning and the end. He knows His reasons. He knows what He is doing. We are not required to know everything. There is a time and a place for all things. If we put our faith and trust in the Lord, He will direct us to where we ultimately need to be. It will not be easy. It will be difficult but He will bless us beyond our beliefs. I know this is true. I know my Heavenly Father loves me and cares for me. I know He wants the best for me.


I love you all, goodbye.
Mi amor a todos, adios.
אני אוהב אותך כל, סלאמאת.”/>

0 Animadvert(s):