BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 8, 2009

I need a title for tonight.

5 things I'm thankful for:
1. Talking to Momma for hours on end:)
2. My phone turning back on after dying.
3. Maps by the Yeah Yeah Yeah's covered by The Rocket Summer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VenFKj8oTn4
4. Elliott Smith songs covered by TRS
5. Getting better from being sick.

Quote of the Day:
I am certain there is too much certainty in the world.
Michael Crichton

Today I wrote a song, it's not finished yet. I don't know how to finish. My brain is stuck in a rut. Maybe the ending has yet to play out. Maybe it has played out and I failed to realize it. Who knows? I would love to hear what you guys think about it. I value criticism. It will take A LOT of work for it to go into song format, write now it's only a song because the chorus. Anyways, enjoy.

A Million Sorrys


You slowly started slipping away and I saw it. I didn’t think anything of it. I didn’t think it would change anything. I thought it would be just another one of your moods…but I was wrong. I backed off when I needed to be there most. I pulled away when I could’ve made the biggest change. I made the mistake and turned my back on you when you were pleading for help.

A million sorrys could never be enough on my part. A million sorrys won’t make a difference; I believe that actions speak louder than words so let my actions speak louder. I’m turning up the volume. I’m trying to be difference. I’m trying to bring you back. Me saying my million sorrys won’t make the difference because, yeah, I let you down. But now, let me try.

You say, “All I ask is for the truth.” The truth is—you can’t handle the truth. You can’t handle the unpretentious honesty of what I have to share. My words are simple but the impact I hope they will make is beyond surreal. I want them to turn your world upside down. I want them to change the way you see things. I want them to change you. Don’t get me wrong, I love you just the way you are. I love you for you. But this, who you’ve become? This isn’t you. You know that. I know that.

A million sorrys could never be enough on my part. A million sorrys won’t make a difference; I believe that actions speak louder than words so let my actions speak louder. I’m turning up the volume. I’m trying to be difference. I’m trying to bring you back. Me saying my million sorrys won’t make the difference because, yeah, I let you down. But now, let me try.

You ask me how I can judge you and say you need to change when I’m the one who abandoned you. Who am I to impose this need for a difference in you? Who am I to say I miss you, I love you, I need you and….I can’t lose you? I say this because I know you’d say the same. I know if things were the other way around you be there for me 11 times out of 10. You’d make things right. You’d take care of me and help me. So let me do what you’d do for me. Trust me.

A million sorrys could never be enough on my part. A million sorrys won’t make a difference; I believe that actions speak louder than words so let my actions speak louder. I’m turning up the volume. I’m trying to be difference. I’m trying to bring you back. Me saying my million sorrys won’t make the difference because, yeah, I let you down. But now, let me try.


There it is. Peace.

I love you all, goodbye.
Mi amor a todos, adios.
אני אוהב אותך כל, סלאמאת.”/>

1 Animadvert(s):

beth said...

James. I love it. It's amazing.